Skip to main content

Featured

From Shadows to Shutter: A Journey of Colours in Anambra

In the quiet town of Awka, Anambra, life seemed to have lost its colors for me. Since my father's untimely departure when I was just 12, my mother and I traded the bustling streets of Lagos for the calm embrace of Anambra. The move was supposed to be a fresh start, but it felt more like a never-ending struggle. I found myself caught in the web of responsibilities, juggling odd jobs and freelance photography gigs just to keep our heads above water. Every day seemed like a déjà vu of despair, and I couldn't shake the feeling of being invisible, my dreams fading like distant memories. One day, as I captured the vibrant hues of a local market, a peculiar event unfolded. A rambunctious crowd surrounded a street performer, who turned out to be none other than Kelechi Amadi Obi, a renowned artist known for his eccentricities and mastery of colors. I have been a great fan of his work, so, I mustered the courage to approach him. In an unexpected turn of events, Mr. Kelechi noticed my w

Gunmen Attacks president at Kuje Prison

 Heavily armed gunmen attacked Kuje Medium Prison in Abuja on Tuesday night, freeing more


than 90 percent of the inmates.


Sources revealed that the gunmen entered the correctional center at around 10:27pm with heavy bombardment and successfully operated unhindered for about an hour.


The loud explosion and gunfire caused confusion and panic in the area, and residents rushed to safety.


The intruding gunmen, who came in trucks, were found to be walking away with Boko Haram inmates at the detention center.

After the operation, other inmates escaped alongside the Boko Haram members abducted by the gunmen.


Sources revealed that no more than 30 of the more than 1,000 inmates at the correctional facility were found after the attack.


A prison official who confirmed the attack via chat said some of the attackers came from the back of the prison yard, while others arrived in trucks used to evacuate the inmates who were attacked.

Comments

Popular Posts