Featured

From Shadows to Shutter: A Journey of Colours in Anambra





In the quiet town of Awka, Anambra, life seemed to have lost its colors for me. Since my father's untimely departure when I was just 12, my mother and I traded the bustling streets of Lagos for the calm embrace of Anambra. The move was supposed to be a fresh start, but it felt more like a never-ending struggle.


I found myself caught in the web of responsibilities, juggling odd jobs and freelance photography gigs just to keep our heads above water. Every day seemed like a déjà vu of despair, and I couldn't shake the feeling of being invisible, my dreams fading like distant memories.


One day, as I captured the vibrant hues of a local market, a peculiar event unfolded. A rambunctious crowd surrounded a street performer, who turned out to be none other than Kelechi Amadi Obi, a renowned artist known for his eccentricities and mastery of colors. I have been a great fan of his work, so, I mustered the courage to approach him.


In an unexpected turn of events, Mr. Kelechi noticed my work, and instead of dismissing it as amateur, he praised my eye for detail and unique perspective. His words were a lifeline, breathing life back into my passion. He became an unexpected mentor, guiding me through the intricacies of art.


As my artistic prowess flourished, so did my determination. The challenges that once seemed insurmountable became stepping stones to success. I learned the importance of perseverance, resilience, and self-belief. The once dull canvas of my life transformed into a vivid masterpiece.


In a surprising twist of fate, Mr. Kelechi organized an exhibition featuring my work. The small town buzzed with excitement as my photographs adorned the gallery walls. Joy replaced the echoes of despair. As I stood there, amidst the colors of my accomplishments, I realized that strength isn't just about facing challenges; it's about embracing the journey and creating your own narrative.


Life in Anambra might have started in monochrome, but now, it bursts forth in a kaleidoscope of possibilities.


Comments

  1. This is a good work of art

    Good work dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive. Keep the colours shining bright

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts